More About CGA
Founded in 1907, the Canadian Gas Association (CGA) is the voice of Canada’s natural gas distribution industry. Our members are distribution companies, transmission companies, equipment manufacturers and other service providers. Today, natural gas meets 30% of Canada’s energy needs and Canadian natural gas distribution companies serve approximately 6.2 million customers – over half of all Canadians in their homes and at work.
About the Canadian Gas Association
CGA is the voice of Canada’s natural gas delivery industry and its members are distribution companies, transmission companies, equipment manufacturers and other service providers. CGA works with our industry to:
- Build the understanding of our product, natural gas;
- Advance efficiency and innovation in the energy and economy discourse;
- Drive for improved regulatory engagement;
- Ensure continuous improvements in safety and integrity management; and
- Pursue partnerships to better deliver energy services to Canadians.
We also develop educational information and organize training schools, workshops, seminars and conferences. Finally, we sponsor and participate in a number of forums, partnerships and coalitions to foster dialogue on energy policy and achieve a better understanding of natural gas.