Canada’s natural gas delivery industry is poised for growth and opportunity. The Canadian Energy Regulator forecasts natural gas will become the largest source of energy in Canada by 2035. With this promising outlook comes the job and opportunity of engaging our range of stakeholders and positioning the industry for long-term success. Strategic communications, delivered digitally in particular, are key to our engagement and the positioning of the Canadian Gas Association (CGA) and our member companies who deliver natural gas and increasingly renewable, low emissions energy supply like hydrogen and renewable natural gas. We are seeking a Communications Analyst who will join a dynamic team of professionals and support the communications activities of CGA and its partner organizations. This temporary, full-time role will start February 8, 2021 and will run for a one-year term. CGA is located in Ottawa, Ontario.
About the Canadian Gas Association
- CGA is an Ottawa-based national trade association representing Canada’s natural gas delivery industry.
- Our members are natural gas utilities, transmission companies and suppliers to the industry.
- CGA members serve two-thirds of Canada’s population with natural gas and deliver 35% of Canada’s energy.
- We have a staff of approximately 20 people.
This position will report directly to the Director of Communications. The Communications Analyst will work closely with CGA’s Communications team, all staff and member companies to support the development, execution and coordination of the organization’s communications products and member services. We are seeking a proactive, detail-oriented individual with creativity and strong organizational skills to join our team. Strong graphic design and writing skills will be important to this role.
- Support the Director of Communications and the Communications team in achieving CGA’s communications objectives, through the development, implementation and delivery of written and graphic communication products (drafting content, layout of publications, website maintenance, social media graphics, electronic mailings, etc.)
- Support the Communications team and contractors with maintenance of CGA and partner organizations’ social media channels
- Support the coordination, planning and technical logistics of CGA’s webinars and virtual/in-person events
- Support the coordination of CGA members’ advertisements in CGA’s publications
- Support the Communications team’s visual/digital content development
- Ensure CGA’s branding is consistent across the entire association
- Support the coordination of reoccurring campaigns
- Review French translated text to ensure accuracy
- Support the Communications team with event coordination and promotion
- Work with CGA staff to identify opportunities for CGA to raise its profile
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be knowledgeable in and proficient using social media and other communications and design tools including Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Mailchimp, Hootsuite, GoToWebinar, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite (mainly Illustrator and InDesign), Microsoft Office, analytic tools (Google Analytics) and databases, etc.
- Must be able to organize multiple tasks and prioritize demands
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized, detail oriented, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with team motivation while taking initiative and working with minimum supervision
- Post-secondary education in communications, marketing, graphic design, or a related field
- Experience, or familiarity, with energy markets would be an asset
- Bilingual English/French is required
- One to two years of professional experience
- Must be eligible to work in Canada legally
Work conditions: Under the current environment, CGA offers a flexible mix of virtual work and office work in CGA’s Ottawa office space (350 Albert Street, Suite 1220) according to the needs of both CGA and the individual.
We thank all those who apply; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Gas Association (CGA) values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an inclusive work environment and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If you are invited for an interview, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you may require. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, upon request, accommodation will be provided by CGA throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.