Join a first of kind venture capital fund, NGIF Cleantech Ventures, to be exclusively dedicated to seed investments in near-commercial technologies for gas and hydrogen and be part of the next generation of hybrid financing for energy startups taking their clean technology from concept to commercialization.
As an Associate, you would be an investment professional with significant work experience in the seed financing venture capital space with location to be determined but Calgary and Ottawa are both possibilities. You will assist the Managing Partner by identifying investment opportunities for the fund, conducting due diligence of target companies, and leading, negotiating and managing the firm’s investments, including exiting portfolio companies successfully.
You would be joining a team currently composed of technical, business and energy professionals managing our flagship fund. The NGIF model also has a strong industry peer review and advisory component comprised of top-tier Canadian energy corporate leaders.
Background of NGIF
- NGIF is an industry-led, industry-funded organization created by the Canadian Gas Association that accelerates cleantech solutions to commercialization for Canada’s gas industry. Our fund currently has $12.1M in funding, $141.4M under management, and a portfolio of 40 cleantech startups.
- Our model would offer hybrid financing, through the NGIF flagship fund and NGIF Cleantech Ventures, to cleantech startups with appropriate financing from concept to commercialization for Canadian and international energy markets.
What you will do:
- Review and screen investment opportunities, including analysis of company overview decks and meetings with startups and innovators.
- Investment Analysis: Conduct initial investment analysis research on investment opportunities, including financial and strategies to fit the energy market.
- Assist on due diligence (external and internal) for potential investments and create compelling, detailed investment recommendations in Word, Excel, and PowerPoints.
- Perform analysis on energy market opportunities outlining new technology investment priority areas that may be attractive for investment and prepare appropriate presentations.
Who you are:
- At least 2-5 years of significant work experience at a top Canadian venture capital firm or major corporation venture capital group.
- MBA or another advanced degree from a graduate program.
- Financial modeling and analytical skills.
- Verbal, presentation, written communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to manage multiple deal workflow processes simultaneously without constant supervision.
The NGIF team is composed of intellectually curious individuals who work with integrity, professionalism, a strong work ethic and are very results-driven.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to the attention of John Adams at email@example.com